Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Emergency? Call 9-1-1

Non-Emergency? Call 1 (866) 876-5423

Pardons and Record Suspensions

Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size |
Print Link

Woman talking to officer at police station

A Record Suspension (Pardon) is a recognition that you are of good conduct. If you are granted a Record Suspension (Pardon), any federal agency that has records of convictions must keep those records separate and apart from other criminal records. The information will be removed from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) system.

You can apply to the National Parole Board for a Record Suspension (Pardon) is you have been free of convictions for five years for summary offences or 10 years for indictable offences. Upon notification by the National Parole Board that a person has been granted a Record Suspension (Pardon), York Regional Police will seal the fingerprints and photos of the person. In addition, the electronic name index referring to the person in the records management system will be flagged to clearly indicate a Record Suspension (Pardon) has been granted.

Please note: A pardon may be revoked by the National Parole Board. When notified of a revocation, the YRP will unseal the fingerprints and photos and flag the revocation in the Records Management System.

Hours and Locations

Community Resource Centre
10720 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, ON
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Local Police Record Checks

We will only accept local police records checks from private companies and lawyers offices if they include a duly completed letter or consent form signed by the applicant authorizing us to conduct the search and release the results to the company. 

York Regional Police
47 Don Hillock Dr.
Aurora, ON L4G 0S7 

Questions? Contact us at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6781 or 7655.

Click here for updated fees and charges.