Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Emergency? Call 9-1-1

Non-Emergency? Call 1 (866) 876-5423

File a Road Watch Complaint

Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size |
Print Link

A woman honks her horn inside a vehicle

Have you witnessed someone breaking the law on the roads? Were they speeding, making unsafe lane changes, running red lights or stop signs?  

Road Watch is a community-driven program that gives you the opportunity to report dangerous and aggressive drivers
to York Regional Police.

You should file a Road Watch complaint online if you can:

  • Identify the licence plate of the aggressive driver
  • Identify a specific offence committed by the aggressive driver

You should not file a Road Watch complaint if:

  • You see an impaired driver, street racing or other behaviour that is an immediate danger to public safety. This is an emergency, or a crime in progress, and you should dial 9-1-1 immediately.
  • You would like to report an area in which you have seen poor driving behaviour, rather than a specific instance. In this case, you should report a community concern online.

Filing a false police report is a crime. 

Please disable any pop-up blocking software or plug-in before filing an online report. 

File a Road Watch complaint now.

Road Watch complaints can also be filed in Chinese, Farsi, Italian and Russian